Are You Afraid Of The (Big, Bad) 2020 Recession?
Yes? You’re not alone.
I want to let you know that it’s okay to be scared right now. This 2020 Recession is scary business, and being afraid of what’s going on with your business and the economy is totally normal. To be worried about the virus is entirely human, natural, and to be expected.
And, I’m here to help.
I want to help you smash through the 2020 recession and come out the other end more robust and better than ever before.
It’s for these reasons that it’s essential to talk about recessions. We need to have conversations about:
- What recessions actually are and what happens during recessions.
- How long recessions last;
- And how businesses get through them.
I want to take the uncertainty out of the 2020 recession (and all future recessions!) for you. We can be scared of them, and we can not like them, but at least we’ll know a little bit more about them and how they can impact our business.
Let’s make Recessions less Scary Story: The Marriott, Las Vegas.
Okay, this is a great example. Take the Marriott in Las Vegas – they’ve laid off half their staff, over 50,000 people.
Yeah – it sucks, but let’s move on from the how much it sucks factor.
They are doing this to conserve cash so that they can stay in business. They are doing this not because they think the 2020 recession is going to ruin them, but because they want to stay in business and they’re taking measures to do so.
When you think about it, it’s smart, and you need to be smart, too.
So I’ve recorded a video to help explain this to you. Here’s the gist of what’s covered:
- What is a recession, and how do we survive one?
- Correcting recessions
- Why businesses are doing what they’re doing
- The average recession is 11 months, and the average expansion is 39 months (more depth on this in the video!)
- Feelings of loss – if you lose $20 and then find $20, you’re more likely to mourn the loss of the $20 you lost than celebrate the joy of the $20 you found.
You can check out the video here on Facebook, or watch it below.
If you need anything else, just let me know. Hit me up, DM me, or we can jump on a Zoom call.
I’m here to help you, and together, we can figure out your cash flow and keep your business 2020 recession-proof.
We’ve got to support each other, and we’ve got to stick together in this.
I got you!